Does your family know what to do in case of a flood, fire, storm or other disaster to your home or community? Unfortunately, most families do not. Many people also don’t realize that when an emergency happens, there is a great chance you will not all be together. This is why creating a plan for your family is very important.
Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan
The staff at Paul Davis wants to help you create your family disaster plan. The Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan is a created to allow you to enter detailed information about your family’s plan – your designated safe meeting place, each family member’s contact information and what to do in certain situations. The process is simple. Download the PD Emergency Plan PDF file and save to your computer. Complete the blank sections in the document with information pertaining to your family.. Save it, print a copy for each family member and email a copy to relatives and friends.
Don’t Forget Emergency Supplies
It is important for families to have a supply of food, water and other necessities in case of emergencies. The staff at Paul Davis recommends getting together an “Emergency Ready Kit” and leaving it in an accessible place. It is recommended that your kit contain at least the following items:
- Water – one gallon per person, per day for at least 3 days
- Food – at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food items
- Clothing – change of clothing and a sleeping bag for each person
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio, a NOAA Weather Radio, extra batteries
- Cell Phone and charger
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- First aid kit – adhesive bandages; antibiotic ointment; pain reliever; emergency Mylar blanket; thermometer; prescription medications and supplies.
- Waterproof, portable containers – for IDs, insurance policies, bank account records, etc. Store a second set of records off-site.
Make it a point to know about the disaster plans for your employer, school, community, etc. Be aware of the closest designated emergency shelter is and make sure all of your family members know how to get there on their own. Review and rehearse your plan with your family at least twice per year.
Having a plan in place will better prepare you and your family in dealing with the aftermath of a disaster. The Paul Davis staff want you to take all the precautions needed to ensure the safety or our friends and neighbors. Please take a moment to download and complete a copy of the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan. And, if your home or business is damaged by storm, fire, water, mold or any other disaster, Call Paul!
Click Here to download your Get A Plan Form